FOTO Friends of Tectona and Olga
A support and membership organization offering Ocean, Life and Corporate membership.
- Tectona and Olga are both included in the National Register of Historic Ship. Tectona is owned by Tectona Trust and Olga – A Bristol Chanel pilot Cutter- is on loan from Swansea Museum. Your support will help maintain them as a seagoing part of our maritime heritage.
- You will be helping others (who have had serious challenges in their lives such as Mental Health issues and Drug and Alcohol addiction) to have the opportunity to go to sea, become sailors and integrate back into their families, friends and communities.
- You will be helping to provide sea-training opportunities for young people. Of the 600,000+ children born in the UK each year only about 10,000 ever receive such an opportunity.
- Being a Friend will give you the opportunity to meet like-minded people with a view to regular get togethers, making new friends and volunteering on the vessels and getting involved with their maintenance.
- You will get regular information about the vessels and events as well as an insight into what happens on board and ashore when running a wooden tall ship.
- On joining you will receive an electronic copy of the history and background information about the vessels and other recent info.